B-9 was an different matter entirely. Aside of some adding light supports inside his body, I left hime pretty much alone, the only change being with his arms.
The kit's robot arms were way too short to even attempt what I wanted to do although the metal claws were fine. I came up with the idea of using 10mm flexible conduit
tubing used to protect exposed wiring in cars and the like. I had to buy two meters (about six feet) of the stuff but it was only eight bucks or so with free shipping on eBay. I inserted short lengths of stiff wire inside each arm to maintain the curve I wanted
for the B-9 pose. On one end of each, I epoxied rubber faucet washers to look like the robot's 'wrists' and installed the claws. In the other end(s), I inserted a short length of wooden dowel that I trimmed down enough to insert into the arm cavities in the
upper body and secured them with two part epoxy.
While all this was going on, I was working on the lighting. All the light sources were LED
of one kind or another. Some were the always 'on' types, whereas others were flashers. The two bright white lights in the chest were flashers that cycled out of step after a minute or so which was a look I wanted. The multi-colored light cluster at the bottom
of the chest is actually 16 fiber optic strands I ran back inside to their light source which were a pair of LEDs that produced a green, blue, red & yellow flash randomly. Perfect!
The upper chest light was a standard LED (always ON) that I gave a couple coats of clear red paint to get the hue that matched the TV show. The head had a clear triangular piece that painted dark gray all over accept
where the 'eyes' would be. I inserted a blue LED I trimmed down to fit into the mounting hole for that part and assembled the rest of the head according to the kit's instruction.
Finally, I managed to cram all this inside B-9 without breaking any wires which was a feat in itself. I hot glued a 9 volt battery holder in the based (which fit perfectly BTW) and installed a SPST on/off switch in the
rear of the base to power this bad boy up. It worked!!