The cause of all the trouble about to ensue. If Fritz had been a bit less clumsy, dozens of films would never have been made.
The Fritz character was very well done and had a leering yet furtive expression on his face. The skeleton was another matter entirely. Cast in a glow -in-the-dark resin, the quality really wasn't that good. Because of the amount of repairs required,
the glow in the dark feature became moot since it forced me to paint the bones in off white hues. I'm not really sure why the RCM decided to go down the “glowing bones” path since it harkened back to the plastic monster kits that Aurora put out
years before which I had always thought to be a little silly. But that's just me.
The stand that the skeleton was to hang from just wouldn't do. It was very clunky looking and just seemed to be totally out of place, I ended up salvaging the base and
making my own stand out of metal tubing I had. I also had some scale chain that I used to suspend the skeleton by its skull.
The kit also came with a passable wooden table with various flasks and lab equipment along with two brains, one intact and the
other damaged. The 'glass' equipment was cast in a bubble filled translucent resin which looked terrible so I substituted my own equipment. I happened to have a glass vial that was the same size as the jar used to hold the damaged brain so I broke it up and
placed it and the damaged brain on the floor along with a splash of clear gloss paint to show the “Oops!” moment in the lab.
For the intact brain that Fritz is holding, I fabricated another jar from my junk drawer stash. I placed the painted
brain in the jar and applied several layers of acrylic “water” medium to represent it floating in some sort of preservative medium.