I started with a medium gray primer base coat overall and then came back with a flat olive drab (both from rattle cans) along the sides of the head. The face (if you can call it that) I went with a hammered bronze, again from a rattle can.
that all dried, I came back with a mixture of metallic acrylics, mostly sapphire, green and gold with a pearl white for the gullet and lips The barbels were painted striped versions of the head with gold for the eyes. I applied several layers of clear coat
to the eye balls to enhance the bulging appearance. The final step was to paint and attach the two barbels to the sides of the Deep One's mouth. Do this step LAST since the barbels are relatively delicate and are prone to breaking if not handled carefully.
Trust me on this. There is a brief video of this bust below to show the exquisite detail. 4/22/20