This kit is probably the most complicated and for that reason, the most difficult to build. All the individual elements are physically tied together so placement is crucial. I had to move my Bog Monster back a bit so that the torn pillow case,
pirate boy and pug would all fit correctly on the base. The company provides a very nice tutorial primarily describing the painting process along with loads of great pictures that will help in the construction of this model kit. This link will get you there:
A lot of pinning is required to hold this kit together. Up until now, I had been relying on
finishing nails or cut up wire coat hangers as pins but because the parts are so delicate, I had to come up with another less coarse pin replacement. I found it in, of all places, my electric nail gun. The nails themselves are roughly half the diameter of
a pencil lead and boy are they tough! I keep a cartridge of nails near my work area and when I need one, I break one off with a pair of needle nose pliers, trim off the nail head with wire cutters and I'm good to go. Using my mini-power tool, I drill a 3/64”
hole in each end of the parts to be mated and glue with CA or two part epoxy. Be sure to check alignment before gluing!
Like the tutorial shows, I made a fake sword to add the the scene from a piece of scrap from my 3D printer. Using
two part epoxy clay, I fashioned a small piece of “rope” and looped it over the sword at his hip and blended it into place.