The numerous creatures that adorn this sculpt proved to be something of a puzzle to paint since all (I think) were in black and white films. There
are a few color photos of these monsters which I used as a guide in their coloration but others were a best guess on my part. Additionally, the proximity of them introduced another issue in that I didn't want one's coloration to be too close to its neighbor(s)
so I would have distinct displays of each as it were.
For the background colors. I went with mostly different shades of gray
after which I applied a black wash to enhance their textures. On the base, I applied sand and ground foams to represent grass or dirt that I afixed with diluted PVA (Elmer's) glue. I also added some plastic foliage near the Tabanga monster to hide the unconvincing
fern leaf cast into the background.
Once I deemed the painting step complete, I attached the dozens of parts such as four arms,
a flying saucer, the mind control parasite, a blank magazine, She Creature's head and so on with two part epoxy.
The blank magazine/book
cover was detailed with me Googling some Famous Monsters Of Filmland cover images that had Blaisdell's creatures featured on the cover. I downloaded the image(s) into my word processor, resized the image to fit the blank piece of resin and printed it out.
This took a couple tries but I finally got the size I needed. I sprayed painted the cover with a UV protection coat followed by half a dozen coats of clear flat paint from a rattle can.